Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Grave Mistake releases just in...

I just got a bunch of stuff from my latest order from Grave Mistake, one of my favorite labels. I'll show some of their new releases below...



A very solid by a band called Bad Advice on limited Orange vinyl. I like the simple lay out and it comes with a digital download card, yet no lyrics/insert. Bummer. Good fast hardcore punk rock with members of Government Warning, Direct Control, the Ladies and Cloak/Dagger. Go pick this up on Orange vinyl before its gone!



The next one is Sectarian Violence on limited Red vinyl. This is a Coke Bust side project and this release sounds great as well. It comes with an insert with the lyrics, which I'm not so sure if that is such a good thing. The lyrics are kind of corny, but this is still a very solid release. The vinyl is thick as hell, you could use this thing as a ninja star.




Here's a re release of an album that came out in 1986 by Richmond VA's Unseen Force. I remember seeing a picture of this album years ago but I have never actually heard them. I haven't listened to it yet but I'm going to throw it on tonight, I'll update this later with what I think.




Here is Cardiac Arrest's "Life is a Dead End" on Blue. This is the fourth pressing and only out of 100. This is another one that I haven't had a chance to listen to yet, so I will update this later with my thoughts on it.



So I saved the best for last. This is my favorite release of all of these so far. I have the "No Shores" ep by Wasted Time and I love it, and this LP does not disappoint. Super raw and hard as fuck, it really makes me want to punch some holes in the walls. The vocals are excellent on this and the music is sharp with tight drums and crunchy, thick guitars. I haven't heard some of these other releases because I just can't seem to get this off my turn table! I also picked up some other distro items in this order, but I'll post those individually some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment