Thursday, May 31, 2012

SSD - You think I'm joking?




Sometimes I have to sit back and trip out on all the straight edge stuff I have. I have never been straight edge, not even close. But something about the music has always appealed to me. I just love this shit. Maybe it's because opposites attract? This is a classic album, but it really has some of the funniest straight edge lyrics I've ever heard. Some straight edge lyrics pump me up, with classics like Project X ("I'm as hard as the booze that you swill down your throat") or Judge lyrics ("Those drugs are gonna kill you, if I don't get to you first"), Now those are hard as hell. Then you have the lyrics from get it away... "Think I'm joking about your smoking? Think its fair to steal my air?" Really? SSD will get a pass for those because they fucking rule so it really doesn't matter, plus its pretty hard to understand the lyrics anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment