Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cloak/Dagger party of 3


So here is three different copies of Cloak/Dagger "Don't Need A" 7". The two red covers are the US Release on Grave Mistake/Jade Tree and the Green is the Euro release (/500 pressed, not sure of different colors) on Adagio 830/Jade Tree. The US Release was /200 on red and /1000 on black.



The Euro pressing was done very well, with a beautiful silk screen. I just love it when you can actually feel the cover art. I think the cover art looks equally cool on both colors, but I probably prefer the red. I only wish they made the green cover with that mint green vinyl as well. Interesting cover art, a ear getting cut off with the eye of providence, music notes a bed with wings and a coffin. I don't really get it, but that is fine with me. Sometimes shit is just not meant to be understood. 



The euro press also has a ugly looking little heart and key thing stamped onto it which is kind of cool. Onto the actual release, I have really been feeling Cloak/Dagger lately. They remind me of that weird Give, Murder City Devils style that you can't really put your finger on. I totally recommend this though and you should scoop one up if you haven't already!

1 comment:

  1. Hah man I noticed you won a copy of the blood for blood 7" on the vinyl noize giveaway, don't know if you saw my reply to you on my blog where I said to email me but that's what I was gonna email you about as I have a spare. Unless you want a grey copy too??

    ReplyDelete