Friday, May 18, 2012

Disappointment of the Year goes to....




Damn, I really tried on this one. I know this post may be a bit controversial to some, since I have read some posts praising how this is a "top 10" record of (last) year and all that, but maybe you guys got a different recording than I did. What a fucking let down. I downloaded the "Welcome to Hell" EP a while back and thought it was pretty good, so when this came out I ordered it as well as a "Crucified" sweatshirt. But fuck, this thing is just horrible. I actually had to do a double take when I first heard this and check if it was the right record. Hardside tries to do all the little singing parts similar to how Take Offense does, but they really can't pull it off. It reminds me of some mainstream rock that you would hear while you're trying to play "Madden". Really disappointed Hardside, you guys need to come correct on the next release and just forget about that corny melodic stuff. The actual vinyl looks really good though, on a mustardy gold marble with blank labels. The artwork on this thing is bad ass with pimps, cops & robbers, grim reapers, and all the cool stuff. Either way, if you were thinking about buying this, give it a good listen before you throw down your five bucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment