Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cold Stare Fucking RULES



I am so excited about this Take Offense side project band right now. I have been bumping this pretty hard lately, and trust me this band rules. This really reminds me of the shit I grew up listening to and old Bay Area bands that were a mix of Oi! and Hardcore, which is right up my fucking alley. This band reminds me of two of my all time favorites; Life's Blood and 86 Mentality, and then throw in a little Oxblood. This is definitely one of the best releases I've picked up in the last year or so, and considering that I've picked up hundreds of releases that is saying alot. I really wish I didn't sleep on this band so long. This is their second seven inch and their first one is OOP, so I'll have to keep an eye out for it on ebay or if it pops up on a distro.


The 7" jacket opens up into this nice little mini poster. This was a well done layout with cool, simple artwork and screen printed on nice thick paper. Just to make it easier for you guys to hear this band, I tracked down a song from this ep on Youtube for you guys:




1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I might check this out. Saying that the last thing I bought that you recommended (maya over eyes) hasn't shown up yet! Haha

    ReplyDelete