Monday, September 17, 2012

Whiskey Rebels Last Shows

A few weeks back I attended the Whiskey Rebels' last shows. A very sad weekend for sure, seeing one of my favorite bands of all time call it quits. Whiskey Rebels were a group that I grew up on and meant the world to me. I was able to pick up a few items celebrating their grand finale weekend.


First was a limited edition cover, which was basically just a single piece of card board. Honestly I'm rather disappointed in the design and the fact that it wasn't hand numbered. I don't even know how many were made, and essentially had to pay $10 to get a black copy of an LP I already owned. Whatever though, it's not like I wasn't going to buy it. (See my previous review for this LP here.)




Plead the Fifth also played and made a limited cover in what I believe to be one of the best hardcore 7"s of the year. I like what they did with the "I can hear the reaper calling" cover, giving a shout out to Whiskey Rebels. It's just a plain piece of xeroxed paper, but I think they did a good job considering that they were added to the show last minute. Grave Maker cancelled two days before the show so they put these together pretty fast! It comes on red vinyl, but I'm not sure if all 20 were on red vinyl. (See my previous review of this 7" here.)




My favorite item that I got was this poster drawn by Big Chuck of Whiskey Rebels. Nice big poster on thick card board, hand numbered #14/100. I felt this was 10 dollars well spent, and I'll definitely be framing this to go with the rest of my Big Chuck paintings. I had so much fun watching Whiskey Rebels for the last time, it truly saddens me that they called it quits. I only hope they will have a reunion show or two one day. Check out "Reaper Calling" below:





No comments:

Post a Comment