Monday, June 3, 2013

Focused Minds - Straight Edge Overload




A few months back Dogyears Records put out the new Focused Minds "Straight Edge Overload" EP. I don't know what the hell I was thinking not getting it right away. If I remember correctly you could score a test press, a special pre order cover and color on pink /50, and the band color on green out of /100. The most common version was on "mixed color" vinyl out of /250. For some reason, like a dumb ass, I slept on it and didn't order right away. I kind of forgot about it, and when I remembered to go check back all of the limited colors were gone. I was so disheartened that I didn't even want to order the common press out of /250.

When Record Store Day rolled around this year, I had a kind of long disappointing day. I was happy when I came home to see that Focused Minds had posted a special RSD Version of their Straight Edge Overload EP out of /25 with a sweet ass cover. I was all over it, and while I was at it I picked up one of the mixed vinyl pressings out of /250. 



Dog Years did a great job with the layout and this is another great released by Focused Minds. If you are not familiar with them, they are a force to be reckoned with. They'll be putting out their debut LP soon, and I won't make the same mistake twice. When those pre orders go up I'm going to get every color I can. Midwest Straight Edge Lives!


Looking at this picture upsets me because I know I could have had a test press, a pre order cover and a limited "band color" on green of this record. What a dummy. I'm stoked I atleast got the RSD cover, which is hands down the coolest of them all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment