Tuesday, January 22, 2013

He switched from Rum to Whiskey...



Without a doubt one of my favorite albums ever and one of my favorite guilty pleasures. This record is kind of like when you eat sushi and you eat those little ginger slices in between different rolls to freshen your taste buds. This is just what I need from time to time to get a change of pace from all the hardcore, rap and punk rock. I'm still not exactly sure what to label the Murder City Devils, so I'll just call them "incredible".  This is the band's third release, and it is really a tie for my favorite release by them between this and "Empty Bottles and Broken Hearts". Come to think of it I also have that on vinyl but no pictures of it? Expect a post soon...




I just love how dark and depressing all their shit is. But the best thing about this band is their use of the organ that makes it feel like one long rocking funeral. How cool is the inside of the gate fold? It's a bunch of pictures of the band as murder victims, and it's gory and awesome. This album has my favorite Murder City track, "Rum to Whiskey" on it. Go ahead and listen to it below:










No comments:

Post a Comment