Monday, May 19, 2014

Gas Rag - Human Rights

 

Gas Rag from Chicago is one of those "it" bands right now. Lately there has been a big revival of noisy, simplified d-beat inspired Neanderthal punk. Gas Rag also just came out with their debut LP which the limited colors sold out too fast for me to snag one. I am digging this, it reminds me of East Bay style hardcore that has been going on for years out in here the Bay Area. When I hear this release, I can't help but think of Rotten Fux, which puts a big smile on my face. This is the 2nd pressing with red and yellow center labels out of /500. I'd love to track down a first press of this on red out of /100, which appears to be the only "limited" variant of this out there. Beach Impediment strikes again, they are killing it right now! Check out Gas Rag live below...


1 comment: