Saturday, April 26, 2014

RSD 14 Pt. 1: UN or U Out




This years Record Store Day was very good to me. I never left the house, and did all of my shopping online. I ended up getting (almost) everything that I wanted, and a few releases I really wanted came out. This was the 2nd most important release for me to get. Above is the limited blue vinyl version of The UN's - UN or U Out album. The UN was a New York rap group fronted by one of my favorite rappers ever Roc Marciano before he went solo. This album is an underground classic and has been pretty much impossible to find since its release in 2004. Fat Beats decided to release this for the 10 year anniversary of this album. When I heard Fat Beats would be releasing this a few months back I was ecstatic. I was even able to grab the limited version on blue vinyl which sold out really fast.  


This is such a cold ass album. Roc Marciano is simply one of the best MC's to ever grace the mic and it's great to hear him early in his career with the UN. If you get a chance to pick this up, do it!



Check out "Ain't No Thing" above. This is true hardcore gutter rap, not for the weak or faint of heart. The second verse from Roc Marci is BRUTAL.


No comments:

Post a Comment