Friday, August 23, 2013

It's the Lion's Law


When Sydney Town Records puts out a new Oi! record, I have learned my lesson that it's time to sit up and pay attention. Although a small label, they are not to be trifled with. They only put their stamp on top tier Oi! and nothing less. Lion's Law is a French Oi! band but they sing in English, and it sounds more like traditional American brickwall Oi! to me. Unfortunately not many American bands can pull off that sound anymore, so it seems you have to look across the pond from time to time to get the job done.


I was lucky enough to score one of the color copies of this, only /50 pressed on gold vinyl. I'm real excited about this band and they are definitely on my radar. Some limited research has shown that they are one of the bigger Oi! bands in Europe right now, but they haven't really caught on in the states yet.  All in all, this is a fantastic release and has really been in some heavy rotation for me.


Came with a nice poster. Listen to "Watch Em Die" below:


No comments:

Post a Comment