Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Blackest of Fridays

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I'm wondering how many of you went shopping on black Friday, or took advantage of all the great sales that a bunch of record labels were having. Unfortunately, I couldn't really afford any because Friday morning I went out and bought another new gun and all kinds of ammo because it is the best day of the year to buy ammo and guns. For those of you that don't know, the little money I have left over after I pay my rent, bills, and vinyl is probably getting spent on something involving firearms. So every year when Black friday comes, I am always heading down to the different sporting goods stores to stock up for the rest of the year. Unfortunately, after spending almost $700 dollars in less than an hour on Friday morning, I had to miss out on all the vinyl sales since I had spent all my money. Bummer. 




Looking through my pictures, I wanted to find something that seemed fitting for black Friday. For some reason I picked these latest Hoax releases up. Some dark ass hardcore that is very strange, but quite enjoyable. All of there releases come with huge posters with strange artwork. Above is their "3rd ep", or their latest release. 



I love the cover art on this release, but the insert is just way too bizarre. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys when they come to the Gilman soon. This is their "1st EP", so I'm still missing the 2nd EP. I hope to get it soon, once I have some money again that is!


3 comments:

  1. Living in the UK going out to buy a gun and ammo boggles my mind completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, It is amazing to me how hard they make it for you guys there. California is definitely the worst of all the states though when it comes to strict gun laws, some day it will probably resemble England's gun laws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a huge fan of their latest ep. It is probably the weakest of their material. They aren't playing Gilman. I can't wait for their December 9th show at Oakland Metro!

    ReplyDelete