Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mercy Killings - Snuffed Out




Wow, no posts in a few months. I've really fallen off.... Sorry! I'll try to start posting more. I have a huge back log of stuff, I've just been real lazy and super busy with work and life in general

Anyhow, Here is my purple copy of Mercy Killing's latest EP "Snuffed Out" on Beach Impediment records. Last year, Mercy Killing released their S/T EP and it turned out to be one of my favorite records of the year. I still listen to it all the time. This EP offers more of the same, the only difference is the recording doesn't sound quite as polished. There is definitely a warmer sound on this recording with a higher level of distortion. My untrained ear tells me that this may be an analog recording, compared to the first EP being digital? The caveat to that is this does give a "harder" feel to the songs, making this an instant classic for any fan of brutal USHC.


Purple vinyl out of /150, with the black vinyl version out of /600.

1 comment: