Friday, December 6, 2013

I Want The Moon



Leatherface, where have I been all these years? It wasn't until earlier this year that I finally gave Leatherface a chance and I have been seriously hooked ever since. The similarities in the vocals from this to one of my all time favorite bands, the Beltones, is remarkable. For that reason alone I fell in love with this on first listen. Isn't it amazing how you can miss out on classics for years (in this case, decades)? As I get older and my musical tastes expand, I start to appreciate new stuff. If I had heard this a few years back, I may have said this wasn't hard enough for me or some ig'nant ass bullshit. Now I can appreciate this in it's fully glory.

The lyrics on this record are outstanding and really poetic. I haven't fully been able to grasp the brilliance of some of them and it may take me a long time to really get what he's trying to say, but it's apparent that the words have much deeper meanings than your average punk rock record ("Springtime" anyone?). This is not an original press on Roughneck Records, but a recent "fan club" release on black vinyl. If you haven't checked this album out yet give it a try, you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment