Thursday, March 20, 2014

No Warning - Ill Blood




Last year Bridge Nine repressed what many consider a "modern classic", No Warning's "Ill Blood" album. This is a ten year anniversary release, and I just can't believe it has been that long! Back in the early 00's this wasn't really my thing, I was more into Oi! and strictly 80's hardcore... and rap, of course. Over time I really learned to appreciate No Warning though. I do think this is a very good release, but one thing that has always drove me crazy is the vocals. I cannot stand vocals recorded on two tracks being spliced together on pro tools. It sounds like shit and way too over produced for hardcore music. To me, the subtle breathes, panting and imperfections in hardcore vocals are a thing of beauty. But I digress... The music on this is brilliant and some of the sing along choruses just pump me up like crazy... I mean, "Short Fuse" has to be one of my favorite early 2000's hardcore songs. 



This was pressed on half red and half brown vinyl out of /700. The extra tracks are their self titled EP and demo. Ironically, the self titled EP is my favorite No Warning release. I think they should have given that it's own vinyl treatment, but oh well. One side of the 2nd LP is etched on the back with a devil face and "NWC". I'm assuming for No Warning Crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment