Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cock Sparrer - Shock Troops Reissue




Pirates Press out of San Francisco has been reissuing alot of Oi! Classics on color vinyl and picture discs lately. I have been hesitant to pick some of their reissues up, but I threw this one in on my recent Rev order because it is one of my favorite albums ever, and I didn't own it on vinyl. I have always been weary of collecting Cock Sparrer vinyl because all of their albums have been repressed and reissued a million times on different labels, which can be intimidating. Pirates Press did a beautiful job on this, with the embossed sleeve with the Cock Sparrer logo, and the clear vinyl with red and grey splatter and black dots. This is the most common version out of /1000, but whatever it looks great so I'm not too concerned. If you are not familiar with Cock Sparrer, this 1983 release is the album you want to check out. By far their best album, nearly every track on this is a classic. When I was growing up, this album meant the world to me. I haven't listened to it that much over the last few years, but I still like to listen to it every once in a while and take a trip down memory lane. Several years back my band played a sold out Halloween show at the Gilman where all these different bands covered old bands, and we covered Cock Sparrer. The crowd went fucking crazy and it was super awesome, one of the funnest shows we've ever played. Check out one of my favorite tracks from this album, "Watch Your Back":



No comments:

Post a Comment